Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hot chocolate, with a twist

Okay, yeah, this is a coffee blog, but not even I can drink coffee all the time. And since today was Big Sad Day in my department, a mocha just wasn't enough. Full on chocolate was the way to go. And now Starbucks has their new signature hot chokkies. The one that intrigued me was the Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate. If you're one of those salty/sweet, "I like chocolate covered potato chips" type of people, or you put peanuts in your Mountain Dew like one of my former bosses is known to do, then you will like this hot chocolate. It has a unique flavor... Sweet buttery caramel... special sea salt topping... whipped cream. It's quite good, but oh, so bad for you. I ordered a grande and I think I consumed over 600 calories in one beverage. Holy frijoles! Make it a skim and skip the whip and you'll cut 130 calories.

Save this for a bad day. It will help a little. I want to say it's $4.29 or so? I didn't have to pay for it, so I didn't pay attention. It was a treat from a co-worker for Big Sad Day. 4.5 cups.

No comments: