Monday, October 13, 2008

No Coffee Toffee?

I'm back. My computer died, and as I was job hunting/editing novels, this took a backseat to all of the things that NEEDED to be done. I have so much coffee to revisit and write up, but it will come in time.

Joseph Beth's is an excellent local bookseller with locations in both Cincinnati, OH and Lexington, KY. They also have Bronte Bistro where you can get coffee drinks (or lunch if you so desire). As it was one of the last 80 degree days of the year, I wanted something cold. The barista recommended a blended coffee. I asked about flavorings and she said it had a hint of a chocolate taste to it, otherwise no flavors. So, no Java Julep type stuff here? I'm sure they'd give it to me if I asked for it, but you can't just order something called a Raspberry Grasshopper. You have to order a blended coffee with a shot of raspberry syrup and a shot of mint? Or whatever's in those things.

The blended coffee... Smooth, good, and made my grocery shopping trip much more enjoyable. It doesn't really need extra flavoring. The hint of chocolate was just fine. A medium costs $3.99. 4 out of 5 cups.

No comments: