Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bliss!

Perfection in a cup, thy name is Triple Bliss!

With your whipped cream and chocolate drizzle toppings, your three kinds of chocolate in a scrumptious latte, how can I go wrong? I ordered one at Higher Grounds coffee in Freeport, Illinois. When the friend I was meeting saw my drink, her eyes bugged out and she promptly ordered the same thing.

Such decadence. Such chocolately goodness. My friend couldn't finish hers because it was so rich, but as I used to say when I was a kid, "I drank mine all gone."

Although Higher Grounds has many of the things that other excellent shops do (i.e. colorful scheme, local artists displaying their work on the walls, fireplace surrounded by comfy chairs, students and laptop users at various tables, a nicely cluttered counter where the register is) the place itself seems a little plain. Too much open space? Not enough urban feel? Don't focus on that. Focus on the coffee. If you are hungry, Higher Grounds also offers scones, sandwiches, and soups, but my heart belongs to the coffee.

Mmm... The coffee. Bucket of Gold is a caramel taste sensation which gets 4.5 cups. But Triple Bliss. You, Triple Bliss, shall get 5 cups.

No comments: