Thursday, March 6, 2008

Drive on by...

I'm not just rating the good stuff. You need to know where to get a quick, cheap GOOD cup of coffee for on the road, or just something that will do in a pinch.

During a late night drive from Louisville to Chicago, we stopped for gas somewhere between Indianapolis and Zionsville. Killing two birds with one stone, we stopped and got sandwiches and coffee at Arby's. The coffee was watery and tasteless. I added generic Sweet and Low, and I had a nice generic Sweet and Low beverage. I don't know what happened to the coffee but it sucked. You would think a pull over area would have decent coffee. I should have got it at the trucker stop. Now they would have stuff to keep you awake and going.

Other Arby's chains might have better coffee, but the stuff at this place was yuck. 1 cup out of 5 cups. And that's because it was still drinkable.

No comments: