Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Third time's the charm...

Due to a tight budget this month, I bought a bag of coffee for $5 to make at home rather than go out and get a cup for around $2. Because I was so taken with the Folgers Gourmet Selections Caramel Drizzle, I thought I'd give the Vanilla Biscotti a try. I do want to try out the Dunkin' Donuts and Caribou Coffee offerings, but we will try that another time. When I have more cash.

The FGS Vanilla Biscotti smells awesome. After making it, I left the flat for a bit and when I came back, the aroma of coffee and vanilla filled the room. Sadly, it is not as good as the Caramel Drizzle. Don't get me wrong... it's not bad at all. I prefer the other one though. And in drinking it, is it strange that I taste more biscotti than vanilla? Seriously. It seems like there's this crisp cookie flavor to it. This flavor gets 3 cups. Not bad, but I will probably go with a different flavor next time, and the Caramel Drizzle for sure.

No comments: