Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Vienna in the Highlands

Stop number three on my tour is Highland Coffee in the heart of the Highlands, Louisville, KY. If there were more tables here, I'd love to do Write Club here, but it's just not big enough. They also got rid of the comfy couch and now have two arm chairs here. Boo! The patio is nice though, on warmer days.

Anyhoo, Highland makes the most wonderful espresso beverages and what makes them better is the choice of whipped creams they have to put on them. Blackberry whipped cream atop a mocha = yum. I'll review one sometime after Easter.

Highland has a Hair Raiser coffee to get you going in the morning. I haven't tried this yet, but will someday, maybe on an early morning to see if it truly is hair raising. Besides this, they usually offer up five other house coffees. Today, I tried the Vienna Cinnamon, a 16 oz. cup going for $1.81 (that includes tax) if you bring in your own mug. Once slightly sweetened, a hint of the cinnamon comes through. It's almost like dessert, but not. It's also a milder coffee. I think my favorite house coffee so far is the Southern Toasted Pecan. In fact, I have to give the Vienna Cinnamon 4 out of 5 cups, because I thinke the Southern Toasted Pecan is that much better.

This is one of my favorite coffee houses in Louisville. They do the frou-frou beverages right and the assortment of coffee is awesome.

I think I'm giving up the picture idea. Unless it's a really pretty cup of coffee, coffee is coffee.

No comments: