Tuesday, March 4, 2008

No pie for you!

Like an idiot, I decided to give up sweets for Lent. So, when I went to meet with some friends at the Pie Pantry, not only could I have no pie, but I also had to pass on the Ehrler's Ice Cream. I'm so tempted to go get pie a la mode right now. But no. I cannot. And it's a shame, because I lurve all of the Pie Pantry offerings, from the butterscotch pie to the cake batter ice cream. Ooh, and the peach blackberry is the second best pie ever (Mom's rhubarb pie still gets the blue ribbon in my book).

Instead of sweets, I ordered a regular gourmet Columbian coffee for $1.59 + tax, hence the reason for this post. Sweetened and creamed. It's John Conti brand. ::shrug:: It's okay. I think Lynn's Paradise Cafe serves John Conti, and I can't get enough of it there. Maybe it's the way it's brewed? And I know people don't come here for the coffee, but it would be nice to have more selections than half and half tubs, sugar, and Sweet-n-low. I'm a Splenda person, myself. And again, you get no picture, because it's not worth taking a picture of. It's coffee in a mug that's black on the outside, red on the inside. I rate it 2 out of 5 cups.

So, yeah. If you're hankering for coffee with your pie and ice cream, this will do. If you're just looking for coffee, you won't be wowed. Do come for the pie and ice cream, though. It's amazing.

No comments: