Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm going to be up all night...

I tempted fate after drinking the Shockwave. I met with friends at Barnes and Noble and tried out the new Art of Espresso drinks that their Starbucks Cafe is now serving. I had a buy one get one free coupon, so I decided to get two talls and try two different kinds out, asking the barista to make one now and then the other later, which they happily agreed to do.

Both drinks were topped off with a crisscross of caramel or chocolate syrup, which doesn’t belong on espresso, but whatever. I don't know if this was the sole additional flavoring of the espresso or if there was another shot of caramel/mocha in the espresso itself.

Drink #1: Caramel Macchiato… Tasty. Mild. Would recommend this again. 4 cups.

Drink #2: Marble Mocha Macchiato… Decaf. After the Shockwave and the first espresso drink, I decided decaf would be the wise way to go. With the first couple of sips, I thought the decaf made the drink taste kind of eh, but I later determined it was the syrup. It was rich but... metallic. Sort of. It just didn't seem right. It wasn't bad, just a little off. 3 cups.

Because of the BOGO, the two talls were $3 total.

No comments: